Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! Welcome 2017!


On the cusp of 2017 I want to wish a good riddance to 2016....  From the numerous deaths of talented artists and trailblazers who left indelible marks on my youth, to the loss of how I define what it means to be an American through a contentious presidential race, I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty as the new year starts.  From a candidate who legitimized hate and seems to be ushering us into a dangerous time harkening back to America's darkest eras, to a candidate who was flawed but was a representative to all little girls to aspire for more, it was an exhausting year that had us questioning our family, friends and ourselves.  It's at times like this when I needed books most and this year put them in further jeopardy through the demise of some long-standing online publishers who left behind disgruntled readers and unpaid authors who got nothing for their blood, sweat, and tears.  It all adds up to a 2017 that I anticipate will be full of fights for the rights of those of us who others might see as expendable right alongside those individuals no longer willing to sit by idly as others inflict their dangerous regime  Ultimately, despite what the new year does it fact bring, I hope it brings joy, peace, and love to everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment