Friday, December 16, 2011

Family Obligations on Shameless: Season 1 On DVD/Blu-Ray

Showtime recently aired the first season of the intriguing and quirky show Shameless featuring a slightly dysfunctional family coping with the struggles of daily life.  I was drawn to the show and the obligations that the oldest child Fiona experienced after being put in charge of the household by her father Frank.  She was forced into caring for her siblings and managing the household which often led to humorous results.  For example, in Ep. 4, the middle Gallagher child Debbie, after becoming depressed with her Aunt's passing, decides to steal a toddler from a birthday party.  Fiona and the rest of the siblings devise a plan to return the boy to his family while going unnoticed by the increased police presence in the area.

Thankfully, I never had to deal with police issues with my siblings when I was a teenager taking care of the household while both my parents worked.  It was still stressful trying to be an adult while still a teenager and it led to ulcers.  I did have the support of all my family members who I knew were grateful for my efforts and that feeling of solidarity I had at home could also be seen by Fiona and her siblings trying to cover for Debbie.

If you haven't seen this show, what are you waiting for?  Season One of Shameless on DVD/Blu-Ray is hitting the shelves soon and you can discover more about each version here (DVD: http://bit.ly/unesOb & Blu-ray: http://bit.ly/sp5VxA)






*I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote Shameless Season One on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment